Covid-19 Alert Level 3 Update #2
COVID-19 Level 3 | Auckland Cricket Update
Hi all, we have been working closely with Auckland Cricket (ACA) over the past few days to be in the best position to get all our community back out on the park and playing our summer game as soon as practical. The aim continues to be to provide a safe environment meeting government guidelines whilst maximising playing opportunities.
However, as the Government has advised Auckland will be in Level 3 until (at the earliest) Sunday 7 March at 6am and to prioritise the safety of the community Auckland Cricket have had to, unfortunately, cancel all cricket over the weekend of the 6th and 7th of March.
We understand that this will mean teams will be missing playing days and Auckland Cricket will be working through what that means for each grade/competition and we'll communicate once their decision is made. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates as soon as possible.
We thank and support you as we get through this together and look forward to returning to the game we love soon.
For the weekend of 13-14 March, we will be planning as if we are back in L1 (with contingency plans if we are in L2 or L3).
- Auckland Cricket will be updating the draws by COB tomorrow (based on L1).
- If we return to L2 we will action the processes established last time, these include staggered start times (8am for morning cricket and 12pm for Premier/Reserve Men and Premier Women) and reduced capacity at some grounds. It will also mean that Year 1-2 cricket will be played on Saturday morning not Friday night. Year 3-4 cricket will be played Friday night in the same manner as last time.
- If we are in L2 48 hours out from Saturday 13th March, we will have all updates via L2 restrictions confirmed and Auckland Cricket will update the draws by COB Thursday 11th March.
- If we are in Level 3 there will be no play.
Please make contact with me on email email@example.com or by phone 0275 825 693 should you have any queries.
Club General Manager